Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 54-59: Ciao Italy, hello Lun-Dun

In the blink of an eye it's 5 days since my blog post. We haven't been in the best Internet spots and there has been a lot going on wrapping up in Italy (eating my last pizzas) and getting settled into London, reuniting with old friends and trying to get rested up before my 23 straight days of work for Coca Cola at the Olympics begins.

After Florence, my sister and I found ourselves in Rimini, a fun beach city on Italy's East Coast, for a couple days. We stayed in a really cool hostel called Sunflower Beach Backpacker and logged some solid beach time before our night in Milan and flight to London.

We arrived in the city hosting the 30th Summer Olympics a couple days early to get a feel for the place. We met up with one of my best friends from home Oliver and his sister Kalina to do a free walking Tour the first day. Attached you'll see a photo of Ollie and I posted up with a soldier. Afterwards, i got a necessary haircut (it was a good run). We all went on a pub crawl that night (to see if it was a worthwhile event for Coca Cola guests when they arrived of course) and yesterday we checked into our well-located hostel (in proximity to the Coca-Cola hotel/base) where we will be staying most of the 4 weeks here.

Yesterday and today were all about getting situated- getting our Olympic accreditation to enter events and use London's public transportation, getting groceries, finding good/quick eats, reading the work manual, etc. I've been taking it really easy, sleeping in and reading the book "Outliers" in free time. That's about to change as orientation starts tomorrow morning.

Sorry this was maybe the least intriguing of my blog posts thus far but it's bound to get interesting once I start work and the Olympics begin! Just for fun though take a deep look at a lady on the walking tour and let me know if anything strikes you as funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment